JiShop is going to be developed not only as a kanji dictionary.
Quite soon it will evolve into a software combining a dictionary (with additionally incorporated data),
grammatical analyzer, machine translator and courseware.
The following functional features of the kanji dictionary can be expected in the next versions:
- More advanced implementation of the kanji drill;
- Word drill;
- Multiple output of several dictionary entries;
- Special search options;
- Dynamic help features.
The first priority is still given to finishing the database: comleting the remaining kanji entries
and adding more compound words to the phonetic dictionary.
After all database tables are completed, JiShop will begin to gradually introduce new options and new data including:
- An informational system networking characters in groups of synonyms;
- Extra information about the characters (their readings in Chinese language, calligraphic writings, and so on);
- Readings in personal names for all kanji;
- User-defined dictionary data;
- Some useful characters outside the computer set JIS X 0208 (from the sets JIS X 0212 and JIS X 0212). These kanji are already included in the database but their entries are not edited yet.
A new version of JiShop is usually released once in a few months.
In the case of a bug report, the repaired minor version will be released shortly thereafter.
All new files are available on the JiShop website
with the specified version number and release date.
When the dictionary is completed, it will be the base for developing an educational software system for learning Japanese characters by the mnemonic method of plot chains. This method is discussed in the "Articles" section of the JiShop website.